We are always on the look out for new talent... Could this be YOU?
Are YOU looking for a rewarding career?
We are looking to recruit people who inspire and are passionate to get involved and make a real difference.
The success of our business has been built upon our people being passionate about customer service, creating an enjoyable work environment and through their own actions making a real difference in the community.
Together as one team our people are encouraged to get involved with changing the way we do things to offer excellent customer service and are recognised for their efforts.
Our people success is driven by the Conister Code:
- Customers - excellence of service
- Ownership - attitude of excellence
- Integrity - doing the right thing
Come and join our team...
If you are looking for a career change, are driven by success and are a person of value, we would like to hear from you.
Review our opportunities to join our Talent Network.
Conister Bank Limited recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Internal Audit Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Internal Audit Manager to join our busy team!
At Conister Bank we are always looking to improve the way we work, delivering value to our customers both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely delivery of audit reports across the Group including third party intermediaries which meet the requirements of the Audit Risk & Compliance Committee.
This role is varied and exciting as you will conduct internal audits across our Group Companies located in both the Isle of Man and in the UK.
Please see below for more information or to apply.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely delivery of audit reports across the Group including third party intermediaries which meet the requirements of the Audit Risk & Compliance Committee.
- The job holder will lead internal audits in the UK and the Isle of Man across all of the Manx Financial Group’s (“the Group’s”) companies including Edgewater Associates Limited.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Provide the ARCC and Group subsidiary Boards with an independent and objective evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness and quality of operational, risk management and governance internal control framework;
- Identify potential areas of operational, financial or regulatory vulnerability and risk and provide management with a recommended corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situation in the future;
- To develop, with the approval of the ARCC, and execute an annual Group internal audit plan to ensure that all of the internal business processes, procedures and controls are reviewed and assessed in order to identify the Group’s major risks;
- Perform audits related to third party intermediaries in accordance with contractual agreements, current legislation and professional standards. Including delivering on time high quality audit reports that clearly set out issues found and their practical solutions;
- To undertake regular internal audits of the Risk activities across the Group subsidiaries and report its findings to the ARCC;
- Provide recommendations for minimising internal control deficiencies and to recommend cost-control processes or cost reduction ideas;
- As part of the audit process influence third party audiences including partners, their products, their procedures and their practices to meet operational needs and/or regulatory requirements;
- Apply knowledge of relevant key regulations to influence audit scope;
- Contribute to the development of audit processes;
- Management of the Internal Auditor ensuring that clear objectives are set, training and support is provided and that their performance is monitored and directed to the achievement of departmental targets.
- Keep up to date with UK and Isle of Man regulatory changes and incorporate the impact of future legislation on current audits;
- Develop effective relationships with third party intermediaries and senior management to ensure strong understanding of the businesses; and
- Participates in business initiatives and pro-actively advise and assist the business on change initiatives.
- Ad hoc projects.
- To the Managing Director.
- Independent and direct access to the Bank and Group’s responsible officers.
- Unfettered access to all business lines and support departments, with the authority to examine business processes, documents and speak to any member of staff in order to accomplish stated objectives.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Hold or working towards obtaining a recognised Internal Auditor qualification.
- Proven experience gained in consumer retail finance or the banking industry.
- Up to date knowledge of internal audit reporting.
- Good understanding of the Credit Consumer Act and the FCA’s core regulatory functions.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Business travel will be required.
- Planning and Accountability - Level 4
- Adaptability and Learning - Level 4
- Judgement - Level 4
- Communication - Level 4
- Influencing Results - Level 4