We are always on the look out for new talent... Could this be YOU?
Are YOU looking for a rewarding career?
We are looking to recruit people who inspire and are passionate to get involved and make a real difference.
The success of our business has been built upon our people being passionate about customer service, creating an enjoyable work environment and through their own actions making a real difference in the community.
Together as one team our people are encouraged to get involved with changing the way we do things to offer excellent customer service and are recognised for their efforts.
Our people success is driven by the Conister Code:
- Customers - excellence of service
- Ownership - attitude of excellence
- Integrity - doing the right thing
Come and join our team...
If you are looking for a career change, are driven by success and are a person of value, we would like to hear from you.
Review our opportunities to join our Talent Network.
Conister Bank Limited recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are looking for an organised Receptionist with excellent communication skills to join our team!
Your role will be central to providing a professional, efficient and friendly Conister Bank reception, including managing a switchboard from external customers.
It will be your responsibility to manage the front end of customer service for our customers, visitors and business callers to the Bank whilst also arranging meetings, incoming and outgoing mail, ordering relevant office supplies and providing administrative support to the Operations team.
If you have experience in a similiar role along with 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above in Maths and English and feel this challenge would be suitable for you, please apply below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner maintaining a high standard of service that represents and promotes the Bank at all times
- Answer call volumes and maintain a rapid response rate according to agreed standards, redirect calls to relevant members of staff as necessary and maintain detailed and accurate records
- Meet and greet customers face to face and ensure their needs are directed to the relevant members of staff efficiently and effectively
- Open and distribute incoming mail including liaising with couriers in relation to both sending and collecting
- Process customer payments face to face and via the telephone using a card machine
- Ensure the reception area and meeting rooms are kept tidy and provide refreshments for visitors when required
- Order and maintain relevant office supplies as necessary including refreshments
- Arranging external and internal meetings, conference calls, travel, lunches etc.
- Provide administrative support to the Operations team including: produce settlement and closed account letters; daily postings to customer accounts; record daily receipt of payments; scanning; upon request send out customer statements; and assist in quality control checking of lending deals
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures
- Maintain awareness and comply with all anti-money laundering legislation, regulations, policies and procedures relevant to Conister Bank Limited
- Comply with all policies and procedures relevant to the role.
- The above is only an outline of the tasks and responsibilities of the role. The post holder will carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required by his/her Line Manager.
- Ensure that all actions and decisions reached are in line with good practice, regulations and law
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including Maths and English
- Minimum 3 years experience in a receptionist / telephonist or similar position
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Good verbal and numerical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Planning and organisational skills
- Active listening and questioning skills
- Liaison with third party customers and all areas of the business
- Customer Focus - Level 1
- Teamwork - Level 1
- Communication - Level 1
- Adaptability and Learning - Level 1
- Planning and Organising - Level 1
We're looking for a driven compliance professional to join our Risk & Compliance team as Compliance Manager!
Your role will be central to Manx Financial Group PLC's programme of regulatory compliance. You'll use your expert knowledge to ensure that there are adequate and effective controls in place to mitigate against regulatory, reputational, legal and operational risks.
It will be your responsibility to lead, coach and mentor the Isle of Man based Compliance team. You'll be Money Laundering Reporting Officer for both Conister Bank Limited and our sister Company, Edgewater Associates Limited.
If you are a strong people manager with detailed knowledge of Isle of Man MLRO duties and feel this challenge is perfect for you, please apply below or email your CV to email@example.com.
- Provide the Manx Financial Group PLC and its subsidiaries with compliance support (in line with Key Responsibilities detailed below);
- Actively work to ensure that there are adequate and effective controls in place to mitigate against regulatory risks, reputational, legal and operational risks;
- Manage the Isle of Man based Compliance team, and deputise for the UK based Compliance Manager as required;
- Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer for Conister Bank Limited and Edgewater Associates Limited;
- Support the Head of Risk and Compliance and other Senior Managers in discharging their duties under the Controlled Function and Senior Managers Certification Regimes.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Drive compliance with all Isle of Man legislation, regulation and applicable codes of practice in the markets in which we operate (excluding company law and employment law);
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk - develop/implement corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situation in the future;
- Implement effective issues and actions tracking, with appropriate escalation and reporting, for open risks;
- Independently raise awareness to management, and the Group Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee and Board if required, on any deficiencies in the Group’s compliance with its Isle of Man regulatory obligations and ensure appropriate action is taken to address issues raised;
- Provide management, ARCC and Board with an opinion on the internal regulatory controls within the Group through regular and appropriate reporting;
- Maintain and analyse key risk data in order to inform and support reporting on internal regulatory controls;
- Review and analyse new legislation and regulation, engage with the business in order to assess the impact, plan the implementation of regulatory change and embed within company policies and procedures;
- Direct the planning and delivery of the compliance training programme (to cover general compliance, AML/CFT, financial crime requirements) for both new and existing staff as required;
- Maintain adequate compliance policies in line with regulatory requirements, including the annual review and refresh of relevant manuals, policies and procedures;
- Manage and monitor the effective implementation of compliance related policies, including the maintenance of all registers and logs required by the Financial Services Rulebook and AML/CFT Handbook;
- Coordinate the management of queries and referrals received into the team, ensuring that internal processes lead to queries being dealt with in a constructive and timely manner;
- Manage a register of regulatory returns and notifications, ensuring that submissions are planned and owned within the team, and delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide Compliance advice and support on corporate projects;
- Lead regulatory visits and inspections in the Isle of Man. Including completion of preparatory work with relevant department heads, management of on-site examinations and follow-up activity;
- Work closely with the Compliance Manager (UK), the Monitoring Manager and the Risk Manager to ensure that assurance plans remain risk focused and relevant, and that outputs are actively supported and addressed;
- Assist with a programme of compliance monitoring as required, to ensure that controls are adequately designed and operating effectively to maintain compliance with all applicable law and regulation;
- Actively promote risk and compliance awareness within the business and the development of a positive risk and compliance culture, including the provision of regulatory compliance and risk related coaching to the business as required.
- Support the use of the Group Risk Management Framework across the business in accordance with the requirements of each Group subsidiary company.
- Actively manage and coach the Isle of Man Compliance team – setting and monitoring objectives, performing regular one to ones and formal performance reviews, developing appropriate Personal Development plans;
- Drive own self-development to continue to meet the requirements of the role and the needs of the business.
- To the Group Head of Risk & Compliance and the Managing Director of Conister Bank Limited, the Group Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee and the Group Board of Directors.
- To act as the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority approved Compliance Officer for Conister Bank Limited and Edgewater Associates Limited;
- To act as the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority approved Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) for Conister Bank Limited and Edgewater Associates Limited, responsible for the review and assessment of all suspicious transaction reports and act as liaison for all external regulatory and enforcement enquiries.
- Independent and direct access to the Group’s responsible officers;
- Isle of Man Financial Services Authority to ensure ongoing compliance with regulations;
- Unfettered access to all business lines and support departments, with the authority to examine business processes, documents and speak to any member of staff in order to accomplish stated objectives.
Decision Making Authority
- Empowered to make policy interpretation decisions based on Isle of Man FSA and UK FCA Handbook requirements on a day to day basis.
- Empowered to assess events to determine whether a notifiable breach of rules has occurred, and whether notification to the FSA or Information Commissioner is required.
- Mandated to liaise with the Isle of Man regulator on general matters and notifications with prior approval from either the Head of Risk and Compliance, or the Directors.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Hold a relevant professional qualification, or have a minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience (e.g. Compliance/Risk/Internal Audit/Legal);
- Detailed working knowledge of the Isle of Man FSA Rule Book 2016 and the AML/CFT Code 2019, as they apply to deposit taking/banking, investment business and insurance intermediaries;
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload under pressure;
- Systematic approach to work with demonstrable ability to deliver to deadline, whilst maintaining attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of presenting to senior management and internal committees.
- Working knowledge of international regulatory standards, including practical experience of applying FCA regulatory standards;
Planning and Accountability - Level 4
Adaptability and Learning - Level 3
Judgement - Level 4
Communication - Level 3
Customer Focus - Level 3