We are always on the look out for new talent... Could this be YOU?
Are YOU looking for a rewarding career?
We are looking to recruit people who inspire and are passionate to get involved and make a real difference.
The success of our business has been built upon our people being passionate about customer service, creating an enjoyable work environment and through their own actions making a real difference in the community.
Together as one team our people are encouraged to get involved with changing the way we do things to offer excellent customer service and are recognised for their efforts.
Our people success is driven by the Conister Code:
- Customers - excellence of service
- Ownership - attitude of excellence
- Integrity - doing the right thing
Come and join our team...
If you are looking for a career change, are driven by success and are a person of value, we would like to hear from you.
Review our opportunities to join our Talent Network.
Conister Bank Limited recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Compliance and Data Protection Advisor
A new opportunity for a Compliance and Data Protection Advisor has arisen.
This new role will work within a small Risk and Compliance team as the Group Data Protection Officer providing the Group with support around data protection, information security and records management whilst also providing compliance support to ensure that there are adequate and effective controls in place to mitigate against regulatory risks.
If you are looking for a new challenge within a growing organisation and would like to join our team of talented people, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
We can't wait to hear from you!
- To provide the Manx Financial Group PLC and its subsidiaries with support around compliance, AML/STF, data protection, information security and records management.
- To act as the Group Data Protection Officer, and to work as part of the Compliance & Risk Team contributing to the maintenance of the Group’s risk management and compliance framework.
- The role will have unfettered access to all business lines and support departments, with the authority to examine business processes, documents and speak to any member of staff in order to accomplish stated objectives.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Act as the Data Protection Officer for MFG PLC and its subsidiaries, keeping abreast of data protection legislation in the UK and IOM, and keeping internal policies up to date;
- Identifying, documenting, assessing and monitoring the data protection risks (including those relating to information security and records management) to which MFG are exposed, and the controls in place to manage those risks;
- Assisting in the design, documentation and implementation of more robust controls where weaknesses are identified;
- Provide guidance on the practical implementation of data protection requirements, and the responsibilities involved with the processing of personal data;
- Reviewing and assisting with data protection contractual arrangements, privacy impact assessments and data protection audits;
- Log and deal with any data protection related incident and breach reports;
- Log and deal with any requests from data subjects exercising their rights under the acts (subject access requests, rights of data portability, rights to erasure etc.);
- Maintain the MFG data protection registrations with the UK and IOM ICO’s, submitting notifications to the Isle of Man Information Commissioner or the UK GDPR, as appropriate;
- Deal with ad hoc data protection related queries from the staff.
- Actively contribute to compliance with all legislation, regulation and applicable codes of practice in the markets in which we operate (including specifically Isle of Man FSA and UK FCA);
- Assist with the maintenance of compliance procedures and to ensure they are in line with regulatory requirements;
- Support the building and implementation of robust tools for the identification, assessment and mitigation of regulatory risk across the Group;
- Participate in a programme of comprehensive compliance monitoring to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of processes and controls in place to manage compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Independently identify and escalate any issues which threaten non-compliance with regulatory obligations and ensure appropriate action is taken to address issues raised;
- Review referrals to Compliance and provide advice on compliance and risk requirements;
- Provide compliance advice and support for ongoing business development;
- Promote risk and compliance awareness within the business and the development of a positive risk and compliance culture, including the provision of regulatory compliance and risk related coaching and training to the business as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Hold a relevant professional qualification (preferably a Practioner Certificate in Data Protection or equivalent, and/or ICA Diploma in AML or Compliance);
- Minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience (e.g. Data Protection, Compliance, Financial Services, or Investment Business);
- An up-to-date reasonable knowledge of the Isle of Man or UK’s Data Protection legislation, the Isle of Man FSA Rule Book and AML/CFT requirements.
- Desire to learn and develop skills into the niche area of data protection;
- Systematic work approach and attention to detail;
- Good procedural and/or report writing skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Strong Strategic and analytical thinking;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Planning and Accountability - Level 3
- Adaptability and Learning - Level 3
- Judgement - Level 3
- Communication - Level 3
- Customer Focus - Level 3