We are always on the look out for new talent... Could this be YOU?
Are YOU looking for a rewarding career?
We are looking to recruit people who inspire and are passionate to get involved and make a real difference.
The success of our business has been built upon our people being passionate about customer service, creating an enjoyable work environment and through their own actions making a real difference in the community.
Together as one team our people are encouraged to get involved with changing the way we do things to offer excellent customer service and are recognised for their efforts.
Our people success is driven by the Conister Code:
- Customers - excellence of service
- Ownership - attitude of excellence
- Integrity - doing the right thing
Come and join our team...
If you are looking for a career change, are driven by success and are a person of value, we would like to hear from you.
Review our opportunities to join our Talent Network.
Conister Bank Limited recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Our Finance team are hiring! We're looking for a qualified accountant to join our Finance Department as a Reporting Accountant.
Your role is a senior appointment and will be integral to the Finance department, supporting the timely and accurate provision of financial and regulatory reporting to the Bank’s management, Board (including its Committees), the Isle of Man FSA and the FCA, all in line with the relevant reporting framework.
You will be responsible for preparing periodic financial statements, budgets, regulatory reporting, credit, liquidity and other hoc reporting.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment, interacting with a variety of stakeholders to collect, analyse and report on big data, then please apply below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of Role
- To support the Finance team with the internal and external reporting responsibilities and assisting the department in critical reviews of its output.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Preparing management, committee, regulatory and statutory reports required.
- Preparing variance and margin reviews of the Bank’s figures and investigating any anomalies.
- Aged item reviews of bank and debtor/creditor accounts.
- Preparation of variance analyses as appropriate.
- Preparation of budgets for the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Preparation of financial sections of the ICAAP.
- Review of monthly management accounts.
- Review of reports for ALCO, CCO, RMCO and various other committees.
- Review of quarterly FSA/FCA returns.
- Review of tax returns.
- Assisting in preparation of year-end accounts for Conister Bank Limited and MFG plc.
- Working with the accounts project team to implement automated efficiencies.
- Form part of control activities for the Bank by checking and reviewing work of others.
- Ad-hoc projects.
- Principally: Group Financial Controller
- Also: Bank and Group Finance Director
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Qualified accountant
- Audit or Financial Services background would be preferable
- Excellent excel and numeracy skills
- Well organised with excellent communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of IFRS and UK Accounting Standards
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SUN)
- Other members within the finance team
- Responding to external banking relationships
- Judgement - Level 3
- Communication - Level 3
- Teamwork - Level 3
- Adaptability and Learning - Level 3
- Using Technology - Level 3
We're looking for a driven compliance professional to join our Risk & Compliance team as Compliance Manager!
Your role will be central to Manx Financial Group PLC's programme of regulatory compliance. You'll use your expert knowledge to ensure that there are adequate and effective controls in place to mitigate against regulatory, reputational, legal and operational risks.
It will be your responsibility to lead, coach and mentor the Isle of Man based Compliance team. You'll be Money Laundering Reporting Officer for both Conister Bank Limited and our sister Company, Edgewater Associates Limited.
If you are a strong people manager with detailed knowledge of Isle of Man MLRO duties and feel this challenge is perfect for you, please apply below or email your CV to email@example.com.
- Provide the Manx Financial Group PLC and its subsidiaries with compliance support (in line with Key Responsibilities detailed below);
- Actively work to ensure that there are adequate and effective controls in place to mitigate against regulatory risks, reputational, legal and operational risks;
- Manage the Isle of Man based Compliance team, and deputise for the UK based Compliance Manager as required;
- Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer for Conister Bank Limited and Edgewater Associates Limited;
- Support the Head of Risk and Compliance and other Senior Managers in discharging their duties under the Controlled Function and Senior Managers Certification Regimes.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Drive compliance with all Isle of Man legislation, regulation and applicable codes of practice in the markets in which we operate (excluding company law and employment law);
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk - develop/implement corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situation in the future;
- Implement effective issues and actions tracking, with appropriate escalation and reporting, for open risks;
- Independently raise awareness to management, and the Group Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee and Board if required, on any deficiencies in the Group’s compliance with its Isle of Man regulatory obligations and ensure appropriate action is taken to address issues raised;
- Provide management, ARCC and Board with an opinion on the internal regulatory controls within the Group through regular and appropriate reporting;
- Maintain and analyse key risk data in order to inform and support reporting on internal regulatory controls;
- Review and analyse new legislation and regulation, engage with the business in order to assess the impact, plan the implementation of regulatory change and embed within company policies and procedures;
- Direct the planning and delivery of the compliance training programme (to cover general compliance, AML/CFT, financial crime requirements) for both new and existing staff as required;
- Maintain adequate compliance policies in line with regulatory requirements, including the annual review and refresh of relevant manuals, policies and procedures;
- Manage and monitor the effective implementation of compliance related policies, including the maintenance of all registers and logs required by the Financial Services Rulebook and AML/CFT Handbook;
- Coordinate the management of queries and referrals received into the team, ensuring that internal processes lead to queries being dealt with in a constructive and timely manner;
- Manage a register of regulatory returns and notifications, ensuring that submissions are planned and owned within the team, and delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide Compliance advice and support on corporate projects;
- Lead regulatory visits and inspections in the Isle of Man. Including completion of preparatory work with relevant department heads, management of on-site examinations and follow-up activity;
- Work closely with the Compliance Manager (UK), the Monitoring Manager and the Risk Manager to ensure that assurance plans remain risk focused and relevant, and that outputs are actively supported and addressed;
- Assist with a programme of compliance monitoring as required, to ensure that controls are adequately designed and operating effectively to maintain compliance with all applicable law and regulation;
- Actively promote risk and compliance awareness within the business and the development of a positive risk and compliance culture, including the provision of regulatory compliance and risk related coaching to the business as required.
- Support the use of the Group Risk Management Framework across the business in accordance with the requirements of each Group subsidiary company.
- Actively manage and coach the Isle of Man Compliance team – setting and monitoring objectives, performing regular one to ones and formal performance reviews, developing appropriate Personal Development plans;
- Drive own self-development to continue to meet the requirements of the role and the needs of the business.
- To the Group Head of Risk & Compliance and the Managing Director of Conister Bank Limited, the Group Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee and the Group Board of Directors.
- To act as the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority approved Compliance Officer for Conister Bank Limited and Edgewater Associates Limited;
- To act as the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority approved Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) for Conister Bank Limited and Edgewater Associates Limited, responsible for the review and assessment of all suspicious transaction reports and act as liaison for all external regulatory and enforcement enquiries.
- Independent and direct access to the Group’s responsible officers;
- Isle of Man Financial Services Authority to ensure ongoing compliance with regulations;
- Unfettered access to all business lines and support departments, with the authority to examine business processes, documents and speak to any member of staff in order to accomplish stated objectives.
Decision Making Authority
- Empowered to make policy interpretation decisions based on Isle of Man FSA and UK FCA Handbook requirements on a day to day basis.
- Empowered to assess events to determine whether a notifiable breach of rules has occurred, and whether notification to the FSA or Information Commissioner is required.
- Mandated to liaise with the Isle of Man regulator on general matters and notifications with prior approval from either the Head of Risk and Compliance, or the Directors.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Hold a relevant professional qualification, or have a minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience (e.g. Compliance/Risk/Internal Audit/Legal);
- Detailed working knowledge of the Isle of Man FSA Rule Book 2016 and the AML/CFT Code 2019, as they apply to deposit taking/banking, investment business and insurance intermediaries;
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload under pressure;
- Systematic approach to work with demonstrable ability to deliver to deadline, whilst maintaining attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of presenting to senior management and internal committees.
- Working knowledge of international regulatory standards, including practical experience of applying FCA regulatory standards;
Planning and Accountability - Level 4
Adaptability and Learning - Level 3
Judgement - Level 4
Communication - Level 3
Customer Focus - Level 3