We are always on the look out for new talent... Could this be YOU?
Are YOU looking for a rewarding career?
We are looking to recruit people who inspire and are passionate to get involved and make a real difference.
The success of our business has been built upon our people being passionate about customer service, creating an enjoyable work environment and through their own actions making a real difference in the community.
Together as one team our people are encouraged to get involved with changing the way we do things to offer excellent customer service and are recognised for their efforts.
Our people success is driven by the Conister Code:
- Customers - excellence of service
- Ownership - attitude of excellence
- Integrity - doing the right thing
Come and join our team...
If you are looking for a career change, are driven by success and are a person of value, we would like to hear from you.
Review our opportunities to join our Talent Network.
Conister Bank Limited recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join our Group Finance team on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have strong mathematics skills and be able to work as part of a team.
If you are looking for a new challenge and think this role is perfect for you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
Purpose of Role
- To support the Finance team with the day-to-day accounting and administrative requirements.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Production of daily reports, including overall ownership of:
- Daily sales report, adding new business lines where relevant.
- Daily directions report, monitoring compliance with FSA directions.
- Daily deposit liabilities report, updating graphs and distributing to various departments.
- Any other daily reports required by the management account and continuous improvement of the daily reporting suite in place.
- Assisting the completion of the Group VAT return.
- Generating statements for suppliers, reconcile and investigate any differences between the accounting and lending system. Resolving any differences and improving/constructing future statement productions to enhance its accuracy.
- Production of monthly management accounts, including overall ownership of:
- Areas specifically allocated to them in month-end timetable.
- Learning and taking over areas allocated to the management accountant.
- Helping senior management accountant to prepare excel management account workbook including updating graphs and charts as appropriate.
- Continuous improvement of management accounts month-end procedures to make processes more efficient and production of month end accounts quicker.
- Production of reports for ALCO, ERC and various other committees.
- Assisting senior management accountant in preparation of quarterly FSA returns as appropriate whilst seeking to develop overall understanding of the return.
- High level supervision of purchase ledger function
- Principally: Management Accountant
- Also: Group Financial Controller, Bank and Group Finance Director
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) Grade C or above including Maths and English
- Minimum of 3 A Level’s
- Experience of preparing and posting general ledger entries, in a relevant accounting area.
- Experience of preparing bank and internal control reconciliations.
- Understanding and knowledge of banking payments and systems.
- Knowledge of expenses management, including accounting and payment.
- Experience of Sun Accounts, Vision, Excel, and banking systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible approach and working attitude.
- Liaising with Operations team on regular basis
- Other members within the finance team
- Responding to external banking relationships
- Judgement - Level 1
- Communication - Level 1
- Teamwork - Level 1
- Adaptability and Learning - Level 1
- Using Technology - Level 1
Compliance and Data Protection Advisor
A new opportunity for a Compliance and Data Protection Advisor has arisen.
This new role will work within a small Risk and Compliance team as the Group Data Protection Officer providing the Group with support around data protection, information security and records management whilst also providing compliance support to ensure that there are adequate and effective controls in place to mitigate against regulatory risks.
If you are looking for a new challenge within a growing organisation and would like to join our team of talented people, please send your CV to email@example.com or apply below.
We can't wait to hear from you!
- To provide the Manx Financial Group PLC and its subsidiaries with support around compliance, AML/STF, data protection, information security and records management.
- To act as the Group Data Protection Officer, and to work as part of the Compliance & Risk Team contributing to the maintenance of the Group’s risk management and compliance framework.
- The role will have unfettered access to all business lines and support departments, with the authority to examine business processes, documents and speak to any member of staff in order to accomplish stated objectives.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Act as the Data Protection Officer for MFG PLC and its subsidiaries, keeping abreast of data protection legislation in the UK and IOM, and keeping internal policies up to date;
- Identifying, documenting, assessing and monitoring the data protection risks (including those relating to information security and records management) to which MFG are exposed, and the controls in place to manage those risks;
- Assisting in the design, documentation and implementation of more robust controls where weaknesses are identified;
- Provide guidance on the practical implementation of data protection requirements, and the responsibilities involved with the processing of personal data;
- Reviewing and assisting with data protection contractual arrangements, privacy impact assessments and data protection audits;
- Log and deal with any data protection related incident and breach reports;
- Log and deal with any requests from data subjects exercising their rights under the acts (subject access requests, rights of data portability, rights to erasure etc.);
- Maintain the MFG data protection registrations with the UK and IOM ICO’s, submitting notifications to the Isle of Man Information Commissioner or the UK GDPR, as appropriate;
- Deal with ad hoc data protection related queries from the staff.
- Actively contribute to compliance with all legislation, regulation and applicable codes of practice in the markets in which we operate (including specifically Isle of Man FSA and UK FCA);
- Assist with the maintenance of compliance procedures and to ensure they are in line with regulatory requirements;
- Support the building and implementation of robust tools for the identification, assessment and mitigation of regulatory risk across the Group;
- Participate in a programme of comprehensive compliance monitoring to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of processes and controls in place to manage compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Independently identify and escalate any issues which threaten non-compliance with regulatory obligations and ensure appropriate action is taken to address issues raised;
- Review referrals to Compliance and provide advice on compliance and risk requirements;
- Provide compliance advice and support for ongoing business development;
- Promote risk and compliance awareness within the business and the development of a positive risk and compliance culture, including the provision of regulatory compliance and risk related coaching and training to the business as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Hold a relevant professional qualification (preferably a Practioner Certificate in Data Protection or equivalent, and/or ICA Diploma in AML or Compliance);
- Minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience (e.g. Data Protection, Compliance, Financial Services, or Investment Business);
- An up-to-date reasonable knowledge of the Isle of Man or UK’s Data Protection legislation, the Isle of Man FSA Rule Book and AML/CFT requirements.
- Desire to learn and develop skills into the niche area of data protection;
- Systematic work approach and attention to detail;
- Good procedural and/or report writing skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Strong Strategic and analytical thinking;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Planning and Accountability - Level 3
- Adaptability and Learning - Level 3
- Judgement - Level 3
- Communication - Level 3
- Customer Focus - Level 3
Business Development Manager - CF&L Manchester
Exciting opportunities have arisen for experienced, highly driven and motivated Business Development Managers to join Conister Finance & Leasing's new operational hub based in the heart of Manchester.
We are looking for individuals with a strong background in asset finance and proven sales track record to play a fundamental role in the future development of the Company.
Terms & Conditions: Full-time permanent with an attractive benefits package and working environment.
If you are ready for your next career move and interested in a new challenge, we would like to hear from you.
For further information or to apply, please email your CV together and remuneration, in the strictest of confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job holder is responsible for identifying new business opportunities, markets, partnerships within own designated geographic region and to meet agreed sales targets and company objectives. Deliver excellent customer service to all clients, prospects, internal and external customers accross the Group.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To develop and maintain relationships with existing clients/introducers and establish new relationships with potential customers/introducers.
- To proactively seek out new clients, revenue streams and effectively convert leads to opportunities by using best practice and delivering excellent customer service at all time.
- To underwrite quality profitable business within delegated discretionary power and underwriting guidelines as set from time to time.
- Keeping up to date with our competitors and other market changes.
- Consistently and accurately provide information to the Executive Director or nominated person to assist in the production and completion of monthly/quarterly/annual sales analysis and reports.
- Working effectively and as a team with all colleagues in all departments to achieve the common goal of writing good quality new business.
- Ensure introducers fully understand the Company's lending criteria and regulatory requirements, including KYC and AML.
- Continued professional development of knowledge and understanding of consumer and business finance industry including the Company products and services, clients, competitors, introducers and markets.
- Maintain awareness and ensure compliance with applicable laws, service standards, company policies and procedures, anti-money laundering legislation, agreed operational and control processes relevant to the Company.
- Promote and adhere to the Company's culture and values.
- Working effectively and as a team with all colleagues to achieve the common goal of writing good quality new business.
- Identify and drive own personal career development needs through self-analysis and feedback from others.
- Achievement of the sales target in core product areas including existing client base, new clients and referrals/leads.
- Demonstrate and apply technical skills, market and product knowledge skills to a level that will support business development.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of all documentation in line with internal policies and procedures.
- Identify and promote cross-selling opportunities within the business.
- Promote the business externally through social and networking activities.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experienced DBM or sales executive within the financial services industry preferably asset finance.
- Proven track record in achieving challenging sales targets and delivering outstanding customer service.
- High-level interpersonal skills are essential as this role will involve influencing at all levels.
- Strong time management, planning and negotiation skills.
- Numerate and proficiency in MS Office.
- Clean driving license is essential.
- Liaison with customer services staff to ensure that business leads/referrals are maximised.
- Liaison with the Debt Recovery Team in relation to default customers.
- Liaison with internal compliance staff, to ensure records are accurate and compliant.
Decision Making Authority
- The jobholder is responsible for recommending asset finance solutions to clients.
- Decisions relating to recommendation of products and appropriate solutions.
- Responsibility for contributing to/management of the agreed departmental budget.
Commercial and Entrepreneurial Acumen Level 3
Customer Focus Level 3
Judgement Level 3
Sales and Marketing Level 3
Influencing Results Level 3